Skip to main content

Watercolouring with Remarkable You

 Julie's Water Coloured Card 1


Today's post will be short and sweet and a feast for the eyes for I will be showing off these wonderful cards made by my Friday stamp class gals. All except Julie, are newbies to water colouring in card making, but I seriously do not think you would have guessed that when you see their work here.

Julie is our resident water colouring expert, but she is leaving our group (sob sob!) because she is relocating to Tauranga. All the best my dear friend - we will be visiting you I am sure!

At last Friday's surprise dessert night cum craft class, Julie kindly led us all into the world of water colouring. What can I say... there was an incredible sense of pride from each person of what they achieved that night. Water colouring is good for the soul!

Julie's Water Coloured Card 2

Margarita's Cards:




Irene's Card:



Ana's Cards:




Weren't these cards amazing? Are you inspired to water colour? I hope so - I know I am inspired to do  more of it!


The main supply list for the above:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

Laura Kelly said…
These are beautiful cards! I wish I knew what colors were used to color each one. Did you use the stamp pad to watercolor the flowers?
Thank you! Laura
Michelle Pepper said…
Thank you Laura for the lovely compliment! Good feedback that I probably should have listed the colours used. To be honest, everyone was just having a great time experimenting with colours and watercolouring that night. We had the full range of Stampin' Up! colours to play with! I believe Blackberry Bliss, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango featured in some of the cards. We pressed the inkpads while it was still shut so that there is a pool of ink on the inside of the lid when opened up, then used the Aquapainters to pick up the colours to watercolour with on the watercolour paper. Hope that helps.