Skip to main content

Easter Card with Hearts Collection Framelits




What's a gal to do when she goes to make Easter Cards and realises she doesn't actually have any Easter stamps? Oh to be sure, I have sentiment stamps that says "Happy Easter" but I don't have any egg or chickadees or cross image stamps!

Have you ever thought how the designer of a card came up with the idea of her/his card? Well, here you go...you're about to hear a commentary of my thought process in creating this card :-)

In an attempt to think outside the box, I began to consider what Easter means to me, and what is it I wish for my Easter cards to do for the recipients? The phrase, and song, "Unstoppable Love" keeps popping up in my mind. As I contemplate the phrase, the more I felt it truly does sum up for me what Easter means. It is the complete demonstration of God's unstoppable love for us - a love which did not stop when Jesus died on the cross, for He resurrected, and with His resurrection, this love continues to work inside of me, empowering me, and enabling me to live a life of truth, not fear; of joy, not shame; of peace, not anxiety. It is truly worth celebrating!

Now that I know the "message" I want the card to convey, it was easy to decide to use the Heart image. Inspired by a Project Life Mini card, I decided to use the masking technique and used several floral images from various stamp sets.




Next dilemma - what colours shall I use? Well, the 2013-15 In Colours are one of my all time favourite Stampin' Up! colourways and since these colours are retiring soon at the end of May, I'd better take every opportunity to use them in the next couple of months.




Now, why not make two cards at the same time while you're at it?




I used the Rotary Stamp for the sentiment - with this product, you can truly customise your cards with whatever phrase you can come up with. After I had stamped on the card, I cover it with double sided tape. Peel, then pour on Dazzling Diamonds to achieve that sparkly look.




My first attempt was a little off the mark, so I thought best to cover up the mistake :-)




So that is the story behind this card. Happy Easter!

Thanks for visiting my humble blog.



  No sin, no shame, 
No past, no pain 
Can separate me from Your love 
No height, no depth, 
No fear, no debt 
Can separate me from Your love 

 Unstoppable love that never ends


-Lyrics from Unstoppable Love, Jesus Culture/Kim Walker 2014

Comments