Skip to main content

Just Sayin' Heart Framelits


A birthday card for a friend - not a style that I usually make but one which I like, and hopefully I  will gain confidence to make more of.

I started with the negative of the heart cut out from the Heart Framelits and the cute banner piece - both were discarded pieces from previous projects. I really like those two colours (Pool Party and Calypso Coral) on the Naturals Ivory card stock base. I looked through the scrap pile and eventually fished out the retired Lucky Limeade DSP piece. I cut off a piece on the right and turn it over to use the polka dots side. Now I was wanting to participate in the current Create With Connie and Mary sketch challenge however I couldn't get it to work, and I wanted to finish the card tonight :-) Ha, as it turned out, I just checked, the challenge was over anyway. Nevertheless, that sketch served as a starting point, till I finally settled on the above design.

One of the questions I get asked by newbies to Stampin' Up! is if I have to do it over again, what would I do differently? Well, I believe my first SU purchases were the punches, when SU was changing over from the whale design to the current design; so at such bargain prices, I went to town getting a whole heap that has been on my wish list for a year. That was just good timing and a good decision. The thing I would change most I think is that I would pay more attention to embellishments. I am beginning to realise more and more that it is the little details added to a card that take it up to the next level. I was happy with my card above, then I had the brain wave to add the gold twine bow. After I added it, I felt the card had its WOW factor. Like I said, this is a card style that  I am not confident with making, but when I have finished the card with the bow, I felt like I nailed the style with this card. So, do pay attention to what embellishments you would like to use on your card...buttons, brads, twine, ribbon, clips, wooden elements..there's plenty to choose from ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Comments