Skip to main content

Epic Day Secret Garden Pansy RIC#58



This is the second card I made for the combined CAS(E) This Sketch #73 and Runway Inspired Challenge #58.



As mentioned in my previous blog post, the patterned paper triangle pieces in this card were the scrap from cutting out the half hexagon shape used in the first card. Unlike the first card, it worked in this card to put the flowers from the sketch in. I already had the flowers in my "left over stash", ie the ones that didn't get used on previous cards because either they were just the extras I made in case I needed them, or the end result wasn't what I imagined so they didn't get used. I should really put these into jars because "my flowers jar" sounds better than "left over stash", but I digress...The leaves were from the Bird Builder Punch (#117191) and then inked up with En Francais  (WM #128562, CM #127790) in Crumb Cake colour. I am not sure if you can see there is actually faded details on the crumb cake hexagon portion of the card? I had used the Very Vintage wheel (#117693).

As you can see, I also employ creative licence to make the sketch work for my card - ie I moved the placement of the flowers toward the left of the card and had my sentiment in a banner trailing from the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you hop along to the challenge blogs (just click on the names above) to see how other people have been inspired by these challenges. Such beautiful works, wow!





Comments

Jennifer Rzasa said…
Ooh I love this one too! Those flowers are gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!