Skip to main content

Epic Day CTS#73


This card is made for the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #73:




As you can see, it is combined with the latest Runway Inspired Challenge, which is new to me, so it will be my first time entering in their challenge.

How was I inspired?

* I have been learning that a sketch is just a springboard for ideas...in this case, I chose to replace the half circle shape with a half hexagon shape. Why? Because...

* the geometric designs on the model's shorts in the Runway Inspired Challenge brought to my mind the Epic Day DSP. The recent Patterned Paper Mini Class at Stamp Nation is still very fresh in my mind so it's no surprise my thoughts turned to using patterned paper for any card I was going to make next :-)

* I tried to use buttons, flowers and other shapes but it didn't work for me so I decided to omit that part of the sketch.

* I had a bit of a challenge with finding the right sentiment - either the size of the sentiment isn't right or the sentiment itself just didn't go with the "feel" of the card. In the end, I judged that the "hello sweet friend" from Six-Sided Sampler (WM #130953, CM#130956) worked the best, and it looked most pleasing to the eye where I have it instead of close to the bottom edge of the card as per the sketch.




Challenges are a lot of fun, and a great way to kick start the creative inside of you. Seriously, YOU are creative. If you feel far from it, it's because you haven't used it much. Creativity is like a muscle - sometimes you just have to work at it in order for it to show up :-) So, how about it? I hope you are inspired to participate in the above challenges, or another that captures your imagination. If card making isn't your thing, (you're just reading my blog because you are my friend), then go get creative your way - gardening, writing, painting, flower arranging, etc. Have fun!

ps: What did I do with the scrap triangle pieces from cutting out the half hexagon shape in the above card? Make another card, of course! So I get to enter these challenges twice each. Check back in for the reveal in my next post :-)
(ETA: link is up)



Oh, by the way, this Epic Day DSP (#130814) is one of this week's deals - 2 each of 6 double sided designs for $17.21. From Wednesday on, it will be back up to $22.95.

Here are all of this week's deals are (ending on Tuesday 22 April night). Contact me at peppertime123@gmail.com to place your order, or if you prefer, you could place your order through my online store (click on the image below, it will link you to my online store directly).





Comments

Leigh Penner said…
Wonderful take on the sketch & inspiration photo!
Jennifer Rzasa said…
Love those hexagons and your sweet little sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!