Skip to main content

Stamp Nation Aussie/Kiwi Tic Tac Toe Swap



Here finally is the card I made for the Stamp Nation Swap in February, which I mentioned here.

Tip #1: Effective use of card stock that will be covered up

See that bit of card stock underneath the Baja Breeze blue layer? It's not pretty under there, it has the "holes" left behind from the two butterfly punch outs and a mini circle punch out which was used in the Build a Brad (retired product that I have a stash of). The butterflies then became embellishments on the card to add interest.

Tip #2: Tying in the project

The butterflies aren't plain Daffodil Delight butterflies, they have the details from the Hello Doily (#128610 WM or #122847 CM) stamp image. As does the circle used in the Build a Brad. So these yellow embellishments "belong" to the card because they have the same detail as the subtle image on the background of the card.
To complete this card, I also stamped the Hello Doily image on the inside of the card, which you can see peeking out in this next photo.




ps: I re-wrote this post because my first attempt was, I think, boring of the "I did this and then that and then..." nature. Do you find the style that I ended up using more helpful? It must be US demo Brian King's influence coming through...you can tell I am a follower of his blog :-)



Comments