Skip to main content

Wetlands on Watercolour Paper





This is the first of two cards we made at my monthly class this week. We were all done by 9pm, isn't that fab? It shows how quick and easy these were to make, and we all need that because not everyone has time to make elaborate cards, and certainly even if you do, there are times you just need to be productive in a short craft session.

There is a name for this technique and it is called Colour Wash which I learned from Tami White, one of the few US demos I consider my mentor. Since she has already done a video tutorial of it, I won't need to re-invent the wheel so just click here to view her excellent video and the original card that we CASEd from. The aquapainter is the tool for this technique - it is a brush with a reservoir to hold water in, so you just have to squeeze to get the brush wet. I think these would be a great alternative for little toddlers - no more spilling of water container at the painting table!




As you can see, with this technique, no two cards are going to look exactly the same. The Wetlands set also comes with three handy greetings, I just haven't in mind who I am giving the other two cards to for what occasion so for the moment I will leave it blank. These would be great to give to guys too, so yay for adding to the masculine card stash.



  


Stamp set: Wetlands (set of 6 stamps)                             Aqua Painters (set of 2)
Wood mount: $45.95                                                          $23.95
Clear mount: $36.95


Thanks for stopping by, be sure to check back in for the second card we made on the night.

Comments