Skip to main content

Butterflies in Ombre



Ombre, the French word for colour that is shaded or graduated in tone, is a popular trend in fashion, and we've seen it in the paper craft industry for a while now too. Today's project was inspired by a card I saw on Diane Dimich's blog. I used the bitty butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set (click here for the bundle promotion that is on until the end of this month). The colours I used are Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral and Strawberry Slush.

Instead of a card, I framed it with my favourite sentiment from the Loving Thoughts set:




For that is indeed something close to my heart. I think for many of us, we have not permitted ourselves to dream - big dreams ("that's just impossible!"), fun dreams ("that's so selfish!") or small dreams ("anyone can do that!")

If you feel that is true for you, the time to change that is Now! There are many who will walk this journey with you if you dare to dream and as a start, I encourage you to check out the "Dare To Dream Interactive Conference and Workshop" in Auckland in November. I promise you, you will be transformed!


"You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream." - C. S. Lewis


Comments