Skip to main content

Queenstown Thank You Gill


How is that for an amazing view from your backyard?

Our family have just been to Queenstown, the world's 4th friendliest place where the boys got to experience many "first-s" (ski, gondola, luge, extravagant hotel/apartment), beginning with their very first time being on-board a flying plane. I won't go into details about the trip, except to explain how it has  anything to do with today's card.

It was just so lovely to be welcomed into a city we've not been before as a family by being invited to lunch with a local resident. Gill is our friend's mum whom we have met probably about 5 times in Auckland. She welcomed us so warmly, fed us lunch and took the time to show us on the map where the attractions are. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and of course was designing a thank you card in my head while I sat at her dining table. My eyes went back and forth from the view out of her dining area, the majestic snow-capped mountains (the above picture was from the other side of the house), to her interior decor of blues and reds and poppies for inspiration. I remember thinking I need that Pleasant Poppies stamp set which I have still yet to acquire. This flower image from the retired set Marry Me is the closest thing I have to poppies, so it was a great opportunity to dust off this set and put it to use again.





I used the Stampin' Write Markers to colour the image, and felt like a real artist as I colour in two shades of red (Poppy Parade and Real Red) on the flowers. The stamp-a-ma-jig tool comes in very handy for projects like this where accurate placement of the image is called for.





As you can see, one of the neat thing about this window style of card is that the inside of your card is already decorated. Fab huh!

So, making the card is the easy part. Now I got to get a couple of pictures printed and actually post them off with this card! Isn't the saying something like if you want to get something done, write it down? There, it is written down, and in public - so, it shall be done.


Comments