Skip to main content

Positive Negative





Do the leaves on this card look familiar? It is the "left over scrap" from this Freshly Made Sketches winning card. The leaves in that card were cut out from a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock. What did I do with the "negatives", ie the part left over? By laying it over a piece of Basic Black card stock, I made it the main feature on the card pictured above.

Let me encourage you, next time you go to use your dies or framelits or punches, think strategically about using the "negatives".

By the way, this card was promptly sold about two days after I made it. I was still deciding whether to put a sentiment on it, and if so, what kind (birthday, thinking of you, thank you, sympathy, get well...oh the decisions!). Apparently, "blank" cards can be popular too. I'd love to hear your feedback - cards with a sentiment, or no?

Comments